You visited the Festival of Quilts, you entered the LG tombola and … YOU WON! What will you do with your Little Gem? Hopefully the following will give you some ideas about how you can display your LG, use it as inspiration for a group activity or turn it into something useful. Whatever you do we’d love to see your Little Gem in it’s new home. To send us your photo click here.
From Maxine March, Region 1:-
- Hold a Show and Tell at your quilt group post FOQ, as part of an evening of ‘What I did at Birmingham’
- Invite your quilt group or a group of quilting friends to examine the LG, decide on how it is made, what techiques etc it uses, and make your next challenge based around it – using the colours, or the techniques, or the materials….
- Incorporate your Little Gem into a piece of your own work
From Margaret Cooter, London:
- Quickly and easily make a “useful container” to sit on a desk or beside your sewing machine – instructions are here, with further thoughts and examples here
- Make your Little Gem into a clutch bag – instructions are here
Displaying your Little Gem:
This Little gem is sitting in an acrylic sign holder, purchased from a chain of stationers: